All Information Technology enthusiasts know about how the network engineer’s job is in trend right now. India is an IT hub. So, the scope of networking is huge here. Companies like HCL, TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, etc. are looking for skilled Network Engineers who have graduated from top engineering courses in India.
Top electronics and engineering colleges in India offer this specialization course that can help you get the required skills and knowledge. The responsibilities of a Network Engineer can depend on the domain they are working in. For example, they can be managing a company’s cloud network or handling the networking basics like switching and routing. Before we dive into the scope of Network Engineers in India, let’s take a look into what networking is.
In simple terms, networking is connecting computers, smartphones, and IoT devices through software and hardware including wireless and wired technology. All these devices can be connected to a network like the Internet. The application of networking can be found in fields like Computer Application, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IT Engineering, etc. Networking includes the following stages:
- Design the network infrastructure
- Construct the network and use it
- Maintain the network
- Troubleshoot the network
Future of Network Engineers in India or outside of India
- Opportunities for growth – Networking is a field that is required in every sector in some or the other way. Even in the business sector, whether it is manufacturing or business processing, networking is needed. Now that more institutions and organizations are investing in technology, big data, cloud computing, etc., they need a workforce that has the networking skills for making the most of the technology. Today, the demand for the networking workforce is more than the supply. So, getting admission in electronics and communication engineering college is the best move you can make for your career.
- Automation – Automation has become an integral part of technology. It helps in productivity, performance, and cost reduction. It is also the basis of networking. It is the job of a network engineer to automate the process of configuring, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting. With new tasks like these, the scope of networking has grown even more. Many people believe that automation will take away jobs in the future. This is not true. Instead, it will just add more skill sets to a network engineer’s work profile.
- Innovation – Innovation helps companies expand. It is an opportunity to grow, instead of just being an option. This change can be internal to improve the internal network’s performance or external for better services and products to the clients. This can take the career of a network engineer to another level. Through the engineering courses in India, you will be able to learn how to use your knowledge and skills for creating an innovative solution.
- Job opportunities – The networking domain contains sub-domains like routing, switching, collaboration, service provider, security, etc. It is a huge field that has applications in every company. For example, every company needs some for handling their networks. Every network in the company needs security so that their sensitive data is protected. So, there is no shortage of job opportunities in this field.
VIT, Jaipur is one of the top engineering colleges in Rajasthan. We offer admission to students on the basis of the score obtained in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination and the Class XII marks. Graduating from our college will ensure that you have the skills needed to be a successful network engineer.