About PM-YUVA Yojana
PM-YUVA Yojana aims to create an enabling ecosystem for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education & training, advocacy, and easy access to entrepreneurship network. The project also aims to promote development of social enterprises for inclusive growth. The project will be implemented in collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation, a California (USA) based non-profit public benefit corporation for duration of five years.
Under PM-YUVA Yojana, 2200 colleges, 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 EDC will be enabled to deliver entrepreneurship education and training to over 7 lakh students. This initiative is expected to create approx. 30000 start-ups over five years, consequently, creating approx. 2,60,000 direct and indirect jobs. Also, a strong pool of approx. 8900 Entrepreneurship Educators and 10,180 Mentors will be created.
This will be supported by a network of Entrepreneurship and Coordination Hubs (E-hubs), comprising of 1 National E-hub, 5 Regional E-Hubs and 50 Nodal E-Hub for resource management and organization at different levels. The enrolled colleges, schools, ITIs and EDC under this program will be the implementation arm of the Project.
To spearhead the achievement of entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education and training in India, this scheme has been launched as the Ministry’s flagship scheme. The overall objective of the scheme is “By 2021, create an enabling ecosystem for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education & training, advocacy, and easy access to entrepreneurship network. Also, promote development of social enterprises for inclusive growth.
PM-YUVA Yojana has four specific objectives
- Educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs
- Connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, incubators, funding and business services
- Coordinate and support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs(E-Hubs)
- Catalyze a culture shift to support aspiring entrepreneurs
The target beneficiaries of the scheme are categorized as follows:
- Traditional students enrolled in degree programme across undergraduate/ postgraduate courses/ PhD programme/ Diploma
- School Students
- Students in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)
- All citizens including unorganized sector, women, and existing entrepreneurs in rural as well as urban areas, who would like to take up entrepreneurship education through coordination and support programmes.
For more details, visit at : http://pmyuva.org/
Vivekananda Institute of Technology is empanelled under PM Yuva Yojana of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
It aims to create an enabling ecosystem for Entrepreneurship Development through entrepreneurship education and training. In this course, students get easy access to a robust network of peers, mentors incubators, funds and business services through an online platform. Focus will also be on entrepreneurship promotion and social entrepreneurship.
Mr. Deepanshu Arora, Asst. Prof. Mechanical Dept and Mr. Amogh Sharma, Asst. Prof. Mechanical Dept. are the trained trainers of PMYY.
In the 1st batch, 184 students gave the final assessments of WF-100 course of Entrepreneurship.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
AICTE is implementing the PMKVY for Technical Institutes scheme through AICTE approved Technical Institutions in the country. Under this Scheme in next three years, 10.5 Lakh youth are to be given Engineering Skills. To impart unemployed youth, the skills and find placement in suitable private sector jobs.
For More details Visit: http://pmkvyofficial.org/
Vivekananda Institute of Technology is empanelled under PMKVY-TI. Following are the trades running in various Phases of PMKVY-TI at Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Jaipur
About MHRD- Institution’s Innovation Council
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
It’s our proud privilege to announce that Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Jaipur is selected as a member of IIC.
Major Focus Of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions Of Institution’s Innovation Council
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc., with the involvement of industry.