Faculty ANO & C/T:
- Dr. Ruchi Sharma [ ANO, 1-RAJ AIR SQ NCC JAIPUR, MOB. No: +91-9928859977 ]
- Mr. Krishna Nandan [ 1-RAJ ARMD SQN NCC JAIPUR, MOB. No: +91-9828913593 ]
N.C.C. is a dynamic organization of young boys and girls all over the India. It plays an important role in inculcating values of character, patriotism, unity and selfless services amongst the youth. It helps in shaping the youth into discipline responsible citizen of India. NCC provides a platform for self development and helps to chanalise their energy and potential towards nation building.
N.C.C. has three wings Army, Navy and Air Force.
The National Cadet Corps came into existence on 15th July, 1948 under the
NCC Act XXXI of 1948 under the Ministry of Defence with the following aims:
(a) To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook,spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country.
(b) To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the nation.
(c) To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Nature of Course:
- Duration : Every Sunday from July to January approximately 4 to 5 hrs. in the morning for three years.
- Internal Training : Cross country, physical exercise, parade. Lectures and theory by Army Staff on Military subject, Geography and Military subject, Leadership qualities and Management ‘B’ and ‘C’ Certificate syllabus every Sunday.
- Practical : Drill with and without arms, weapon training 0.303 dp rifle S.L.R.
- External Training:
Every year NCC cadet has to selected and attend at least 1 training camp. Different training camps like ATC (Annual Training Camp) TSC (Trial Selection Camp), AAC (Army Attachment Camp), NIC (National Integration Camp) , most honourable RDC (Republic Day Camp), Adventure and Trekking Camps are arranged by Group Head Quarters all over the India. Weapon training about LMG (Light Machine Gun) AK-57, Firing, Map Reading, Judging distance, Sports and cultural activities.
- Adventure Activities:
NCC Cadets can do adventures activities like hiking, river crossing, rock climbing, horse riding, parasailing, paragliding, cycling, motorcycling, Vehicle Expedition Rallies and Camel Safari.
- YEP (Youth Exchange Programme):
If the NCC Cadet good personality and excellent communication skill he can get selected for YEP where he get an opportunity to visit abroad and communicate with other nations NCC cadets.
- Social Activities:
With NCC training cadets also has to do social activities like blood donation, tree plantation, duties during Ganpati Utsav, Elections, Polio Organisation and Traffic Control.
- ‘B’ & ‘C’ certificate:
After completion of 2 years and at least 1 camp cadet can appear for ‘B’ Certificate Examination and after completion of 3 years and at least 2 camps cadet can appear for ‘C’ Certificate Examination.
Benefits of NCC :
- Free training with yearly allowances
- Every year 10 grace marks are given
- Having Graduation and NCC ‘C’ Certificate direct entry in Army, Navy and Air Force without UPSC examinations.
- Reservation in State Government Services
- Additional grace marks are given in admission of professional courses like D.Ed., B.Ed. in Medical and Engineering
- Large number of NCC Cadets eligible for scholarships ranging from Rs.2,000/- to Rs.30,000/- every year.
- Many private industries give preferences to NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders for various jobs.
- NCC also provides appropriate compensation of NCC high risk activities
- NCC develops all round confidence personality who will succeed in their chosen career
Privileges and Concessions :
- Vacancies as under are reserved for commission in defence services for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders
(i) Army : IMA (Indian Military Academy) Dehradun, 64 vacancies every year through UPSC and SSB Interview. OTA (Officers Training Academy) Chennai : 100 vacancies every year for short service commission, no UPSC Examinations only SSB Interview
ii) Navy : 6 Vacancies for course no UPSC Examinations only SSB Interview. 2 years age relaxation for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders.
iii) Indian Air Force : 10% vacancies in all courses including flying training courses. No UPSC Examination only SSB Interview.
|WING’S||ANO’S||‘C’ Certified||‘C’ Certificate||‘B’ Certificate||‘A’ Certificate||Total|
NCC CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS
International Level :-
- SUO Keerti Nair represented INDIA at Bangladesh through youth exchange programe (YEP)
- SUO Peeyush Lamba represented INDIA at Russia through youth exchange programe (YEP)
National Level :-
- SUO Keerti Nair represented Rajasthan in RD Parade 2014 held at Delhi.
- Sgt. Pratap S. Rathore broke the National firing record and attained first position by firing 5 round in 1cm.
- Cdt. Jitendra S. Shekhawat represented Rajasthan in RD Parade 2016 held at Delhi.
- Cdt. Prashant K. Saini and Cdt. Sanjay Banjara played from Rajasthan Directorate NCC Football team at Delhi.
- Sgt. Pratap S. Rathore represented 1 Raj BN in SNIC Camp 2015 held at Lakshdeep.
- SUO Peeyush Lamba & Cdt. Kunwar Singh represented Rajasthan in RD Parade 2017 held at Delhi.
- UO Munesh Kr. Yadav was selected for 318 Basic Mountaineering course 2017 held at Darjeeling.
- Cadet Vivek S. Rawat represented 1 Raj Air Sqn, NCC and VGU & VIT Campus at all INDIA VAU SANIK Camp.
- SUO Keerti Nair was awarded by APJ Kalam Award in 2016.
- SUO Peeyush Lamba was awarded by M.Raisinghani Award in 2017.
- Cdt. Kunwar Singh was awarded by M.Raisinghani Award in 2017.
- Cdt. Rustam Ali was awarded by Milkha Singh Award in 2017.
- Cadet Vivek S. Rawat was awarded by M.Raisinghani Award in 2019.
- Cdt. Harsh Chaubey & Cdt. Arukala Shreedivya was awarded by Shri KrishnVidhya Award in 2019.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF C/T & ANO
- C/T Dr. Ruchi Sharma was attended CATC cum Pre RDC-III 2017 at Ganghi Nagar, Jaipur.
- C/T Dr. Ruchi Sharma was attended CATC ,PHAGI which will be held on 5th sept. -14 sept. 18.
- C/T Krishna Nandan was attended two National level camps during 2013-16 as a under officer Rank.
- C/T Krishna Nandan was attended CATC cum Pre RDC-III at NCC complex , Ghandi Nagar held on 21 Dec. 2018.
- C/T Krishna Nandan hosted a combined Annual training camp cum Pre Thal Sainik camp (TSC) on form 14th to 23 june 2018 in VIT Campus Jaipur.