Admissions in Engineering colleges in Rajasthan start around the same time as other disciplines so you do not have to do any extra prep other than the entrance exams. If you are interested in changing and shaping the real world, then you should go for Civil Engineering. It deals with fields like Concrete Technology, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Road & Building Materials Testing, Surveying, Hydraulics, etc. Civil engineers build and maintain physical works like roads, bridges, parks, dams, airports among other things. It is the responsibility of the civil engineer to maintain the mechanics of the systems built.
Best Civil Engineering college in Jaipur like Vivekanand Institute of Technology (VIT), strives to achieve excellence in education by adapting to the ever-changing technologies. It is important more so in civil engineering than any other branch. The institute not only offers theoretical knowledge but also hands-on experience by arranging constant field visits so that students get a fair view of the practical work.
It is important to note that a fair amount of time of a Civil Engineer is spent on the site as they are a part of the entire development process, which is why it becomes important to have that kind of a study environment available to students. Thus, the top Civil Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan like VIT focus on industrial visits, workshops and lectures from experts in the field. Students also get to partake in surveys about mix designs, water supply & waste management among other activities.
The course will help you understand the fundamentals of civil engineering, such as planning, designing, construction, operation, and maintenance of construction projects. VIT, one of the top Civil Engineering College in Rajasthan promotes life-long learning among students with a unique blend of both practical and physical knowledge, complemented with the development of design skills. It is what defines this particular career path in the future.
A career after completion of the degree is highly rewarding in the field of civil engineering. There is a wide variety of jobs available for degree holders. It can be the design, analysis, construction, or supervision of both private and public projects. One of the most sought-after roles include Engineering Project Manager that fetches the highest in terms of salaries. Even though as many as 1.5 million engineers graduate every year, there is still a demand-supply gap when it comes to civil engineers in particular. This makes the discipline all the more lucrative for young professionals all around the world, not just India.
Civil engineering is for you if you love exploring the structures and construction. However, while taking admissions in Engineering college in Rajasthan, you should know that it is not as broad as mechanical engineering – arguably the broadest branch of engineering. Well, if you choose to pursue a civil engineering degree, you will get to explore state-of-art laboratories and workshops. Lab work helps blend theory and practical aspects of a course together and helps students understand the role of both. Practical classes are indispensable in a course like civil engineering, given the nature of the branch. Here are a few labs you will be required to visit during your course:
- Material Testing Lab: Testing the mechanical properties of materials such as strength, hardness, etc.
- Concrete Lab: Testing of raw materials before usage as concrete is the most widely used raw material in construction.
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab: Examining the engineering properties of soil important for the design of the foundations.
- Geology Lab: As the name suggests, it deals with the geological elements such as the minerals, stones, wooden models, charts of the location.
- Road Material Testing Lab: Looks after the experimental aspects of the highway materials.
- Environmental Engineering Lab: Deals with a very important of construction – water and waste-water management
- Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics Lab: Here, students learn the properties and flows of the fluids involved in the processes.
- Structural Engineering Lab: Studying and demonstrating the deflection in the various structural components being used.
- Surveying Lab: Students learn to gather topographical data using both traditional and modern tools.
- Computer Lab: Equipped with the latest technical software, it helps students with their research projects.
The Civil Engineering department of VIT boasts of an experienced faculty and a world-class infrastructure working painstakingly to create an ideal learning environment for students. Moreover, it is regularly engaged in research on relevant topics, constantly reimaging the field. Civil engineering in itself is about constant reinvention and keeping up with the technologies. And if you are looking to venture into this exciting career path, look no further than the best Civil Engineering college in Jaipur.