About the Department:
The Department of Electrical Engineering at Vivekananda Institute of Technology, (Jaipur) is distinctly focused towards integrating academics with cutting edge technology in the field of electrical engineering. All efforts are subtly harnessed with the aim of preparing the budding engineers to face the challenging dimensions of technical excellence. The Department puts in consistent efforts for field exposure to students through various research- oriented projects taken up for meeting the industry demands. The Department offers a perfect blend of electrical, electronics and computer related courses to help students pursue a professional career or higher studies. We invite you to join us to put in best efforts for society.
The Department of Electrical Engineering at Vivekananda Institute of Technology, (Jaipur) offers a unique amalgamation of electrical, electronics and computer related courses enabling the students to pursue a professional career or higher studies in any of these broad areas. Since its inception, the department has touched new benchmarks in terms of quality education, research & development and industry tie-ups.
The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time to provide opportunities to students to learn and innovate and keep them in sync with the industry advancements. Regular seminars, conferences and guest lectures are organized to establish ties with the industry and encourage and promote research activities in order to integrate them with the teaching-learning process.
- A separate electrical and electronics workshop enables students to learn practical applications.
- Organization of Industry visits, expert lectures by faculty from industries and reputed institutes are routine activities in the department graduate programme in Electrical Engineering.
- The department is well equipped to provide the students with academic supervision in the mainstream areas, with an added emphasis on research oriented teaching.
- Departmental Activity – Electrical Workshop/ Embedded Systems/PLC/SCADA
- Events organised by Department during the year include AMPERE an Exhibition for showcasing various Charts, Flexes and Project Models and National Conference on Power System Engineering- RAPSE.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
|I||To be best in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring good knowledge, ability and practice skill in electronics and communication engineering.|
|II||To develop attitude, good communication skills, leadership and team work in their profession and adapt according to lifelong learning.|
|III||To prepare graduates with vast theoretical and practical knowledge of fundamentals and to develop a level for professional competences|
|a||Apply knowledge of mathematics through probability; differential & integral calculus differential equations; linear algebra; and complex variables; in the context of electrical engineering problems|
|b||Knowledge of engineering sciences, necessary to analyze and design complex electrical and electronic devices, software, and systems containing hardware and software components, as appropriate to electrical engineering.|
|c||Design systems in electrical area that meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.|
|d||Function in multidisciplinary teams to solve effective electrical engineering problems.|
|e||Understand professional and ethical responsibility.|
|f||Communicate effectively technical material both orally and in writing.|
|g||Receive the broad education necessary to demonstrate an understanding of the impact of electrical engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.|
|h||Demonstrate a re cognition of the need for, and engage in life-long learning.|
|i||Use modern engineering techniques, skills, and computer-based tools for analysis and design”.|
|j||Ability to conceive and execute experiments, and interpret results with insight appropriate to their training.|
Details of Laboratory in the department
ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS LAB: The laboratory investigations in this manual are designed to demonstrate the theoretical principles of EDC. This lab includes P-N junction diode , V-I characteristic of zener diode , single stage amplifier , field effect transistor , clipper & clamper, two stage RC coupled amplifier , BJT in CB, CC and CE configurations, half wave rectifier and bridge rectifier.
ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENT LAB: The great majority of industrial processes and instruments rely on electrical measurements of one form or another. This lab deals with measurement of different instruments such as C.R.O., Measure power and power factor in 3-phase load by Two-wattmeter method and One-wattmeter method, Measurement of low resistance by Crompton potentiometer and Kelvin’s double bridge. Measurement of self-inductance using Anderson’s bridge
ELECTRICL MACHINES LAB: Electrical Machines Lab provides the essential facilities to the students to augment their concepts about the fundamentals of transformers and rotating machines. The lab is equipped with DC series/shunt motor, compound motor, universal motor, single-phase induction motor, single-phase transformer, three-phase induction motor, three-phase synchronous motor and three-phase transformer. The lab is equipped with various tests and monitoring equipment also.
POWER ELECTRONICS LAB: This lab addresses issues related to Alternate energy systems, power converters, PWM techniques and AC motor drives. Experiments and projects in this lab includes MOSFET and IGBT, TRIAC and DIAC, SCR, single-phase half wave controlled rectifier and full wave controlled rectifier with R and R-L load.
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LAB : Digital Electronics lab is used for practical works related to digital circuits and systems. In this lab student study about the different types of logic gates, Flip-Flops, Latches, Registers, Counters, Multiplexers and Decoders etc.
POWER SYSTEM LAB: Power system Laboratory comprises of protection, simulation, high voltage and machine related experiments. Facilities are available for overcurrent, undervoltege, directional, differential and distance relays including different numerical relays.
ADVANCED POWER ELECTRONICS LAB: This is the advance version of power electronics lab. Experiments and projects in this lab includes buck, boost and buck- boost regulators, AC voltage regulators, single phase PWM inverter, one, two and four quadrant choppers (DC-DC converters), single-phase cyclo converter, SCR DC circuit breaker etc.
HIGH VOLTAGE ENGINEERING LAB: High Voltage Engineering Lab is a leading laboratory in the field of insulation, applied electrostatics, pulse power applications, and power electronics. HVEL is for testing and evaluation. The main aim of this is targeted at the B.Tech EE coursework. This lab shows how a standard disc of insulator looks like, the breakdown of an air-gap when voltage is increased, how a string of insulators supports transmission conductors from towers, etc. The setup is being effectively utilized to demonstrate experiments to young EE graduate students as a part of the coursework.
ELECTRICAL DRIVES AND CONTROL LAB: The lab is equipped with various motors along with their drives and measuring instruments. The characteristics of motors and generators are studied practically. This Lab is designed to give basic practical knowledge of Different controls of running of Electric Machinery
COMPUTER BASED POWER SYSTEM DESIGN LAB: In computer based power system design lab Power System Designing Problems of various Power Applications are simulated on computer with the help of MATLAB to find out its solution.
|S.NO.||NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION||EMAIL ID||Mobile No||Research Area|
|1||Mr. Dhiraj Singh||Assistant Professor & Headfirstname.lastname@example.org||7877101115||Power Systems, Smart Grid Technology|
|2||Mr. Satish Jangid||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||9460990402||Power Systems, Renewable Energy|
|3||Mr. Ajit Singh Rajawat||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||7737819353||Power Electronics & Electrical Drives|
|4||Mr. Rahul Mishra||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||9950592178||Power Electronics & Electrical Drives|
|5||Mr. Vineet Kumar||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||9871566428||Power & Control Systems|
|6||Mr. Hemant Srivastava||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||7737722998||Electrical Measurements|
|7||Mr. Raj Kumar Yadav||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||8058227694||Power Systems|
|8||Mrs. Mukur Gupta||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||9145896113||Instrumentation & Control|
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS BY FACULTY MEMBERS
- Dhiraj Kr. Singh “ Multiple benefits analysis of restructuring and distributed generators placement in distribution network ” at IEEE EESCO 2015 , Visakhapatnam , ISBN: 978-1-4799-7678- 2/15/$31.00 ©2015 IEEE
- Dhiraj Kr. Singh , “ A Novel Planar Octagonal Shape UWB monopole Antenna for Multipath Environments ” in International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 12, December-2014, ISSN 2229-5518
- Dhiraj Kr. Singh , “ Impact and simulation of dynamic voltage restorer for mitigating voltage sag ” in 2 ND International Conference On Advance Trends In Engineering And Technology ( ICATET -2014 ) ISBN : 978-81- 925882-2- 3
- Dhiraj Kr. Singh, “Impact and Simulation of Dynamic Voltage Restorer” in International Journal of Engineering, Management & Sciences (IJEMS), ISSN-2348 –3733, Volume-1, Issue-4, April 2014.
- Dhiraj Kr. Singh , “Design of Filters in Matlab Simulink for Reducing Current Harmonic Distortion.” during the IEEE ICIIP 2013
- Ankita Sharma, P K Padhy, ” Design and Implementation of PID Controller for the decoupled two input two output control process” at IEEE 4th International Conference on Power, Control and Embedded Systems (ICPCES)-2017, Allahabad. ISBN:978-1-5090-4425-2 @2017 by IEEE
- D. K. Sambariya and A. S. Rajawat, “Application of Routh stability array method to reduce MIMO SMIB power system,” in 6th IEEE International Conference on Power Systems, (ICPS-2016), held in IIT Delhi, New Delhi on 4th – 6th March, 2016, pp. 1–6. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7584209/
- D. K. Sambariya and A. S. Rajawat, “Model order reduction of LTI system using Routh stability array method,” in IEEE International Conference on Computing Communication and Automation, (ICCCA-2016), held in Galgotiya University, Noida (UP) on 29th – 30th April 2016, pp. 1–6. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7813843/
- D. K. Sambariya and A. S. Rajawat, “Model Order Reduction by Routh Stability Array with Stability Equation Method for SISO and MIMO Systems,” in Universal Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 4(1): pp 1-13,2016 ; DOI:10.13189/ujes.2016.040101 ,Available on: http://www.hrpub.org/journals/jour_archive.php?id=46&iid=910