The best engineering colleges in India offer engineering programs, bachelors of technology and bachelors of engineering in specializations like mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer science engineering, electrical, electronics, and a few other specializations.
While attaining a direct admission in the top engineering colleges is a herculean task. The actual challenge for those graduates starts when they consider government sectors to pursue their careers.
Indian Engineering Services, Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer (SSC JE), ONGC, ISRO, DRDO, BARC, Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer (RRB JE), and a few other public sector undertakings hire computer science engineers and B.Tech degree holders in mechanical and civil engineering. However, it is important to score well in the entrance exams to get direct admission in these top engineering colleges.
Best engineering colleges in India requires applicants to have scored well in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).
Scoring well in the JEE enables students to be secure direct admission in top engineering colleges for Bachelors of Technology programs in specializations like mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and computer science engineering. Colleges offering engineering programs with these specializations also have an excellent list of recruiters on their placement programs.
Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Services and a few other reputed services of the Government of India hire engineering graduates. Railways, Banking, Indian Army, Navy, Air force and a few other public sector undertakings also hire engineering graduates in mechanical engineering. Mechanical Engineers are hired in Central Public Works Department, Central Electricity Authority, Border Roads Engineering Service, and a few other government departments. Computer science engineers are also hired in the government sector. A Bachelor of Technology engineering program from the best engineering colleges in India can prove lucrative to pursue job opportunities in both private and public sector undertakings. Direct admission in top engineering colleges usually requires applicants to successfully complete entrance exams( some colleges have their own).
- Mechanical engineering, Civil Engineering, and Computer science engineering are a few specializations that are hired in the government sector.
- Railway and the public works department hire mechanical engineers.
- Project Managers, Civil Supervisors, Architects, Civil / Structural Engineers, and Site Engineers are a few job roles that are offered to civil engineering graduates.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Gas Authority India Limited, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Steel Authority of India, Defence Research and Development Organization are a few public sector undertakings that offer jobs to computer Science Engineers.
- It is important to make a note of important exams and their dates to apply to be eligible for government jobs.
- Some of the best engineering colleges in India require applicants to have successfully completed attending JEE Mains and a few other entrance exams.
- These entrance exams enable students to secure direct admission in the top engineering colleges.
Whether your intent is to pursue jobs in the public or private sector it is important to enroll in colleges that have an excellent campus, faculty team, and placement history. The fee structure of the top engineering colleges varies based on the specialization.
IIT’s, NIT’s, BITS, Anna University, Vivekananda Institute of Engineering, and a few others offer excellent facilities and have a great list of industry leaders on their placement list.