About the Department:
Mechanical Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering discipline having major sub branches like design, thermal, automation, manufacturing engineering, and energy engineering. It is arguably the broadest of main engineering branch. Technologies like CAD, CAE, CIM, and PLM etc have been the driving factors for evaluation of product life cycle by revolutionizing, conceptualization, design detailing analysis and manufacturing procedure. All the workshops and laboratories are equipped with quality machines and equipments. Complete safety is ensured while the students work or learn on the machine and equipments. All labs are quite spacious, properly ventilated and comfortable for learning and performing experiments. Not more than two/three students are allowed to work on each machine at a time. The Mechanical students are also engaged to learn various design software in collaboration with institutes/organization of repute in the college campus itself.
Build & develop the department which is focused in producing technocrats with world class technical & leadership competencies to meet the socio-industrial needs.
- To achieve academic excellence in mechanical engineering through dedication of duty, innovation in teaching and faith in human values.
- To enable our students to develop into outstanding professionals with high ethical standards to face the challenges of the 21th century.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
B. Tech. (Mechanical) Program
|I||To provide a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.|
|II||To promote graduate awareness of the life-long learning and introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.|
|III||To develop the ability of technical concepts for application to product design.|
|IV||Graduate of program will have successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.|
At the completion of the Mechanical Engineering Program, all students will possess:
|Demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts of mathematics, science and engineering.|
|Demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve complex mechanical engineering problems|
|Model, analyze, design and realize physical systems, components and processes.|
|Plan and conduct experimental programs and evaluate the results.|
|Use modern engineering tools, softwares and equipments to analyze problems.|
|Understand the global and social context of engineering.|
|Provide mechanical engineering solutions to green and sustainable development.|
|Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.|
|Work with other to accomplish common goals.|
|Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.|
|Complete a project with technical expertise and financial management.|
|Develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.|
- Material Science and Testing Lab: Material Selection forms an inseparable part of the Mechanical Engineering Design process. Suggesting a suitable material for a particular application, which can withstand the stresses that will be developed due to various loads without any failure, is of utmost importance because most of the materials are subjected to different kind of stresses due to various types of loads acting on them.
- Fluid Mechanics Lab: The Fluid Mechanics course is an introduction to the mechanics of incompressible and compressible fluids. It covers the principles and more important theories of modern fluid mechanics. The Fluid Mechanics Laboratory course is an indispensable supplement to the theory. It covers measuring devices and techniques, error analysis in experimental works and analysis of assumptions in the theory of fluid mechanics. Hydraulics and fluid mechanics, or the study of liquids, is an important area for Mechanical Engineers.
- Dynamics of Machine Lab: Mechanical engineering systems invariably consist of moving parts. With ever increasing emphasis on high speed machines (for higher productivity), effects of accelerating/decelerating moving masses plays a significant role. This course aims to equip the student with fundamental knowledge of dynamics of machines so that he can appreciate problems of dynamic force balance, transmissibility of forces, and isolation of systems, vibrations, instrumentation and standards.
- Heat transfer lab: Heat transfer is the science dealing with the transfer of energy in the form of heat from one body to another as a result of temperature difference between them. The science of heat transfer provides an explanation for the different modes of heat transfer and also enables one to predict the rate at which energy transfer takes place under specified conditions.
- Thermal Engineering Lab: Thermal engineering is a branch of science that covers energy conversion from one form to another, working of IC engines, modes of Heat transfer, principles of refrigeration and air conditioning etc. The field of thermal engineering includes a lot of applications that can be classified as the combination of thermodynamics and heat transfer, such as IC engines, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. The objective of this laboratory is to provide the student a good environment to understand some very important concepts and applications in the field of IC engines and refrigeration.
- Production lab: The objectives of this lab is to give practical aspects of different production operations, production tools, and equipment in order to gain successful operating ability as well as maintenance and repairs. The students will be able to gain the knowledge about various machine tools i.e. Lathe, Milling, drilling machines. During the study of this lab, students will be able to understand various processes, that can be performed on these machine tools.
In this lab the students will get the knowledge about various cutting tools used on these machines to carry out different cutting operations.
- CAD/CAB LAB:
- To be able to understand and handle design problems in a systematic manner.
- To gain practical experience in handling 2D drafting and 3D modeling software systems.
- To be able to apply CAD in real life applications.
- To understand the concepts G and M codes and manual part programming.
- To expose students to modern control systems (Fanuc, Siemens etc)
- To know the application of various CNC machines
- To expose students to modern CNC application machines EDM, EDM wire cut and Rapid Prototyping
- To understand the basic concepts of computer numerical control (CNC) machine tool and CNC programming.
- The Lab has Production model CNC lathe and CNC milling machines with CAM simulation software’s like CMAS, Edge CAM 10.75, Unigraphics NX4 (CAM).
- Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Sharma, “Role of CAD/CAM in Designing, Developing and. Manufacturing of New Products” IJRET Vol. 3, Issue 6,Page No.: 146-149.
- Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Sharma, “A Study of Solar Street Light and Optimization For Spacing In Poles and Cost ” IJSET Vol. 2, Issue 7,Page No.: 1533-1543.
- Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Sharma, “Comparative Study On Solar Street Light Optimization for Rural Development ” IJSET Vol. 2, Issue 7,Page No.: 1533-1543.
- Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Sharma, “Crack Detection of Ferromagnetic Materials through Non Destructive Testing Methodology ” IJMER, Dec 2014 Issue .
- Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Sharma, “Naturally Cooled Drinking Water System for Public Places ”ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. V.K.Pandey, “Refrigeration System using LPG Gas as a Refrigerant ” ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. V.K.Pandey, “Waste Heat Recovery using Heat Exchanger” Recent Advances & Future Direction in Mechanical Engineering at SKIT, Jaipur .
Mr. Pramod Kumar:
- M.P. SINGH, PRAMOD KUMAR, Prof. Y.S. SHISHODIA (2013), “Experimental study of Heat Transfer Enhancement due to Artificial Roughness in Annular Flow (Advanced manufacturing technology)” International Journal of Engineering, Business and Enterprise Applications (IJEBEA), Volume 2, Issue 4 (ISSN: 2279-0020).
- PRAMOD KUMAR, VINEET PANDEY, “KAIZEN: A case study in small scale organizations” International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), Volume 2, Issue 2 (ISSN: 2278-0882).
- PRAMOD KUMAR, “QUALITY CIRCLE: An effective management tool (Applied in small scale organizations)” International Journal of Engineering, Business and Enterprise Applications (IJEBEA), Volume 2, Issue 5, pp130-135, June-August 2013(ISSN: 2279-0020).
- PRAMOD KUMAR, “KAIZEN: Improvement for better)” International Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (ICRTME’15), at VIT-EAST Jaipur, PAPER ID:ICRTME102, March 24,2015..
- PRAMOD KUMAR, “Design and Analysis of a Process Plant Piping System” National Conference on Futuristic Approaches in Civil and Mechanical Engineering (FACME’2015, at MAIET CAMPUS Jaipur, PAPER ID:FACME239, March 2015.
- PRAMOD KUMAR, “Vision for Mechanical Engineering Over the Next 15 Years: Contributions; Challenges & Constraints” National Conference on Futuristic Trends in Mechanical Engineering (FTME’2015, at JECRC Jaipur, PAPER ID:NCFTME061,March 2015.
- PRAMOD KUMAR, PAWAN SHARMA “Air Cushion Vehicle” International Conference on Recents Trends in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (ICRTMME’16), at VIT-EAST Jaipur,PAPER ID:ICRTMME ,April 8th – 9th ,2016.
- PRAMOD KUMAR,PAWAN SHARMA,SATYESH KUMAR JHA, “Design Optimization of Hybrid Solar Cooker” National Conference on “Energy & Sustainability in Engineering System” (EASES-2016), 18th & 19th March 2016 , at MAIET CAMPUS Jaipur, PAPER ID: EASES194,March 2016..
Mr. Pawan Sharma:
- Mr. Pawan Sharma, “Role of CAD/CAM in Designing, Developing and. Manufacturing of New Products” IJRET Vol. 3, Issue 6,Page No.: 146-149.
- Mr. Pawan Sharma “Crack Detection of Ferromagnetic Materials through Non Destructive Testing Methodology” IJMER, Dec 2014 Issue .
- Mr. Pawan Sharma, “Parametric Design Analysis and FEA Simulation of a Chisel Plow for an Agriculture Use” IJMEC Vol. 4, Issue 4,Page No.:45-58.
- Mr. Pawan Sharma, “Evaluation of Stress Intensity Factor in Aluminium Plate under Mechanical Loading by Analytical & FEA Approach” ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
Mr. Jagdish Bhadu:
- Mr. Jagdish Bhadu, “Waste Heat Recovery using Heat Exchanger ” Recent Advances & Future Direction in Mechanical Engineering at SKIT, Jaipur.
- Mr. Jagdish Bhadu “Effect of Diesel Fuel Additives on Performance and Emission characteristic of C.I. Engine” ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. Jagdish Bhadu, “Hydraulically Lifted Wheelchair for Disabled Person” ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
Mr. Amit Kumar:
- Mr. Amit Kumar, “Crack Detection of Ferromagnetic Materials through Non Destructive Testing Methodology”. 2, IJEST,Dec 2014 Issue.
- Mr. Amit Kumar, “Vibration Energy Harvesting ”. ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. Amit Kumar, “Electricity Generation by Using Solar Updraft Chimney ”. ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016
- Mr. Surjeet Yadav, “Domestic Electrolux Refrigerator ”. ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. Satyesh Jha,“Study of Thermo-acoustic Refrigeration System”. ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. Satyesh Jha,“ Al-SiC Composites: A review on reinforcement methods, Process Parameters and Mechanical Characteristics ”. ICRTMME’16,April 8th -9th ,2016.
- Mr. Sanjay Sharma,“ Study of Hardness of AL-Sic Composites using Powder Metallurgy” IJETCR.
|S.NO.||Name of Faculty||Designation||Email_ID||Details|
|1||Mrs. NISHA PAYAL||HOD & Assoc. Prof.||email@example.com||Mrs. Nisha Payal did her graduation from M.B.M. Engineering College, Jodhpur, in Production & Industrial Engineering in 1996. Later she did her post graduation from Energy Centre, I.I.T. New Delhi and is currently pursuing Ph.D from Modi Institute of Technology & Science University, Laxmangarh, Sikar, Rajasthan. She is a Certified Energy Auditor of the year 2006 by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Govt. of India.
She has more than 15 years experience in teaching & projects under Bombay Univ. & Rajasthan Technical University’s prestigious colleges. She is a Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education-New Delhi (ISTE) & Life member of Indian Women Scientist Association- Navi Mumbai. She has also published papers in Journals of repute, two books on Renewable Energy Technologies and guided students for M. Tech thesis work. Her areas of research are Energy Efficiency & Renewable energy technologies
|2||Mr. PAWAN GOYAL||Pro HOD & Asst. Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||He has done B.E in Mechanical Engg. from Government Engineering College Kota (Rajasthan University). He has done his MBA from ICFAI Business school Hyderabad in Marketing & Finance. He has done his M. Tech from Monad University in Manufacturing Engineering. For a period of 2 years, he had been associated with industry giants like IDBI Ltd and HSBC Ltd. He is having 7 years of teaching experience. His areas of Interest are Manufacturing/production, Mechanics, Material Science, Industrial engineering, Operation Research & Operations Management.|
|3||Mr.Sunil Kumar Jakhar||Asst. Prof.||email@example.com||He completed his B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering to embark the professional journey from Gyan Vihar, Jaipur in the year 2010. Motivated by the charm of engineering, he pursued M. Tech from IIT (BHU), Varanasi with specialization Thermal Engineering. He has more than 3 years teaching experience. His areas of research are nano-fluids. His subject of expertise is fluid mechanics, engineering Thermodynamics, refrigeration & Air conditioning, Heat & Mass transfer etc.|
|4||Mr. GANESH KUMAR KANTAK||Asst. Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||Ganesh Kantak did his graduation from M.B.M. Engineering College, Jodhpur, in Mechanical Engineering in Year 2009. He also completed his M. Tech. in Industrial Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli in 2013. He has more than 5 years teaching experience in various AICTE approved institutions. He has also published many papers in Journals of repute. His subject of expertise is Operation Research, Industrial Engineering etc. His areas of research are Job Shop scheduling, supply chain management & product development & design.|
|5||Mr. KAPIL KUMAR KHANDELWAL||Asst. Prof.||email@example.com||He completed his B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering to embark the professional journey from Gyan Vihar, Jaipur in the year 2010. He also completed his M. Tech. from National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur in 2014 with specialization in Thermal Engineering. He has more than 3 years teaching experience. His areas of research are solar energy and its application. Subject of expertise are Fluid Mechanics, Heat & Mass Transfer etc.|
|6||Mr. SANJAY CHAUDHARY||Asst. Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||He did his diploma in ME from Govt. polytechnic college Chittorgarh. Then B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering department from S.K.I.T, Jaipur. He is also pursuing his M. Tech. in Production Engineering. He has 4 years experience in teaching. His subject of expertise is Engineering Mechanics, Dynamics of Machines etc. His area of research is latest technologies of production methods.|
|7||Mr. AMOGH SHARMA||Asst. Prof.||email@example.com||He did his B. Tech. in ME from SGIT, Ghaziabad. He has 2 year experience in industry in the field of maintenance department at Bhushan Steel. He has 2 years experience in teaching. His subject of expertise is thermal Engineering, Fluid Engineering etc. His areas of research is latest trend in production engineering|
|8||Ms. JYOTI SHARMA||Asst. Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||She did his B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from Government Engineering College, Ajmer in 2013. She has more than 2 year teaching experience. Her subject of expertise is Internal Combustion Engine, Engineering drawing, machine drawing, Design of machine elements, Quality assurance and Reliability etc. His area of research is Internal combustion of Engine.|
|9||Mr. Tarun Kumar||Asst. Prof.||email@example.com||He completed his B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering to embark the professional journey from VIT-East, Jaipur in the year 2015. . His areas of research are solar energy and its application. Subject of expertise are Fluid Mechanics, Strength of material etc|
|10||Mr. Karampal Jakhar||Asst. Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||He completed B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering to embark the professional journey from Gyan Vihar, Jaipur in the year 2012. He is pursuing his M.Tech. from Govt. engineering college , Bikaner from 2014-16 with specialization in Thermal Engineering. He is having more than 2 years teaching experience. His areas of research are heat transfer in heat exchanger and its application. Subject of expertise are Fluid Mechanics, Heat & Mass Transfer and refrigeration and air conditioning etc.|