About the Department:
The Department of Basic Sciences and Humanities provides an encouraging environment to clear the fundamental concepts of problem solving ability of students so that they become technocrats of caliber. The Dept. of Basic Sciences and Humanities plays a unique and distinctive role in an Institute where the ethos of science and Technology prevails. The aim of the department is to provide high quality education in the field of applied sciences and humanities for the undergraduate students in various engineering courses. The department deals with the subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
The Dept. of Basic Sciences and Humanities is an essential part of Vivekananda Institute of Technology from the year of its establishment and is backed by a team of qualified and experienced faculty members and supporting staff for its smooth and efficient functioning by imparting quality education and training to the students.
At present, the academic curriculum involves B.Tech. Course in which we have five branches like Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Build & Develop the Institute as a Centre of Excellence for creating & crafting well rounded Techno-Managers having competencies in consonance with the contemporary and future global needs.
- To create and continuously upgrade academic infrastructure.
- To continuously improve the teaching-learning process.
- To have a strong institute-industry interface.
- To develop and maintain effective pedagogy.
- To promote productive research.
- Generate industry-institute synergy for shaping technical education to meet the requirement of industry. Undergraduate-curriculum is broad based.
- Science based engineering education, which enables students to use basic sciences into engineering practice/programs.
- Involves continuous evaluation to avoid rote learning and semester end examinations.
- The Department has active collaborations with renowned Institutes.
- Interactive sessions of the students with researchers, arranged from the well known institutes and organization.
- In labs and classrooms, students draw on the expertise and knowledge of our able faculty, integrating practical, hands-on research experience with challenging and interesting course-work.
- The Department is having sufficient classrooms and sophisticated laboratories, all of which are equipped with audio-visual aids. The department is equipped with uninterrupted power supply and internet connectivity. The department also has a well stocked library of its own.
- Moreover, for proper coordination among the faculties, guest teachers and instructors, other staff and the students a healthy environment has been created in the department. The department is associated with the organization of a number of workshops, celebrations, popular talks, training programmes etc.
The Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities is well equipped with the following Laboratories with facilities to conduct experiments as per the Scheme of the Rajasthan Technical University and as specified by the AICTE.
- Engineering Physics Lab
2. Engineering Chemistry Lab
3. Chemistry and Environmental Engg. Lab
4. Digital Multimedia Language Laboratory
(1) The Department is equipped well.
(2) It engages regular tutorials to provide the students better understanding of subjects
Engineering Physics Lab :
The Engineering Physics Lab at the institute is well furnished and equipped with international quality instruments for conducting not only the experiments as prescribed in RTU syllabus but also beyond syllabus. Dark room facility is available to perform experiments on optic. The experiments are performed by using Newton’s ring, Sextant; Carey foster’s Bridge, Spectrometer, Charging and Discharging, He-Ne gas Laser etc. All the experiments are conducted under guidance of faculty members and technical staff.
Engineering Chemistry Lab :
The Engineering Chemistry Lab is well equipped for conducting not only the experiments as prescribed in RTU syllabus but also beyond the syllabus and experiments are performed by using pesky martin apparatus, red wood viscometer, muffle furnaces, PH meter, conductivity meter, vacuum pump and oven. All the experiments are conducted under guidance of faculty members and technical staff.
Chemistry and Environmental Engg. Lab :
The Chemistry and Environmental Engineering Lab is well equipped to carry out experiments related to water testing and sewage water testing. The main aim of lab is to create awareness about the environment related issues among the students.
Digital Multimedia Language Laboratory:
The English Language Lab operates through digital multimedia language lab software. This lab is well equipped with language learning software courses from Cambridge University Press, Oxford Press and other software courses to prepare students for IELTS, TOEFL, BEC etc. It helps the students with phonetic symbols in an effective ways. They will also learn how to pronounce words correctly.
CHECK LIST FOR THE CONDUCTION OF LABS
The following measures are adopted for smooth conduct of all the Labs in the Department. These measures are being followed as a Code of Practice to ensure quality and transparency in imparting practical training to the students during the Lab sessions.
• List of Experiments is being displayed in all the Labs
• Lab Time Table with Names of Lab In charge and Lab Asst.
• Students Roaster of Experiments conducted
• List of Equipment.
• Lab Manuals (both hard and soft copies)
• Status of Equipment (Working/Not Working/Last Serviced)
• Name Plate Details of all Equipments
• Charts relevant to the Lab
• Capital Stock Register (both hard and soft copies)
• Consumables Stock Register (both hard and soft copies)
• Purchase Requisition Register
• Checking of all equipment to ensure that they are in working condition before the commencement of the semester.
• Faculty in charge of Lab shall conduct all the experiments in the Lab as per syllabus with help of Lab technician and record the readings in a sample practical note book.
• Lab in charges shall furnish list of consumables/equipment required for the Lab before the commencement of the semester.
• After completion of Practical Examinations, five best record note books for each Lab are being maintained in the Department for inspection.
• Videos on Lab experiments conducted by Faculty In charge in the form of CD’s.
• Virtual Labs – Software for Simulation of Lab Experiments for all Labs.
|S.NO.||NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION||EMAIL_ID||Mobile No:||Research Area|
|1||Prof. Dr. Sarita Chaudhary||Professor & Head first year and Chemistryemail@example.com||9783701280||Organometallic Chemistry|
|2||Dr. Mahesh Jangid||Associate Prof. & Pro Head of First Yearfirstname.lastname@example.org||9468693016||Thin film Material Science|
|3||Prof. Dr. Vandana Agrawal||Professoremail@example.com||7877432404||Integral Transform and special Function|
|4||Dr. Pallavi Mishra||Associate Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9414393316|
|5||Dr. Deeplata Sharma||Associate Prof.||email@example.com||9314649949|
|6||Dr. Shaily Dxit||Assistant Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9351152880|
|7||Mrs Rashmi Bharadwaj||Associate Prof.||email@example.com||9828153159|
|8||Ms. Sonia Khubchandani||Assistant Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9784356947|
|9||Mr. Krishan Kant Sharma||Assistant Prof.||email@example.com||9928018848|
|10||Mr Iswar Singh||Assistant Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9680229211|